Saturday, December 09, 2006

Cherry, White Chocolate & Almond Muffins


Today I made these luscious muffins, they are a Bill Granger recipe so how could I go wrong, I believe the recipe is from his new book, Every Day? & they featured in a recent edition of delicious. Cherries are my absolute favourite fruit of all & it is a crying shame that they’re season is so short. So now that they are here I am eating as many as I can, the pitting was great fun, one for the muffins, one for me, & lots of gorgeous cherry red juices to lick off my fingers when it was all done. Add some white chocolate, almond meal & this was definitely a recipe for success to be repeated many times.

Cherry, White Chocolate & Almond Muffins

2 ½ cups (375g) plain flour
1 tbsn baking powder
2/3 cup (150g) caser sugar
½ cup (60g) almond meal
90g unsalted butter, melted
1 egg
1 ¼ cups (200g) pitted fresh or frozen cherries, halved
150g white chocolate, chopped
Demerara sugar to sprinkle

Preheat oven to 180c. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper cases.

Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl, add caster sugar & almond meal & stir in. Whisk together the melted butter, egg & buttermilk, then add to the dry ingredients & stir until just combined. Stir in the cherries and white chocolate.

Divide the mixture among the muffin holes, sprinkle with sugar & bake for 20-25 minutes until firm, golden & a skewer inserted comes out clean. Turn onto wire racks to cool.

4 comments:

Haalo said...

This sounds and looks delicious. Hasn't it been just the best cherry season - I keep looking for things to put cherries in!

Brilynn said...

I recently made chocolate cherry and pecan cookies, it's a great combination, your muffins look very tasty.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I would loooove to try making these muffins this weekend. could you tell me how much buttermilk i need to add? It does not appear in the ingredients list, only in the method. look forward to baking them soon :)

Ange said...

Hi, very sorry but I seem to have lost the recipe, very slack of me especially as I got the recipe wrong on the web. Would you believe I have 5 Bill Granger books but not the one this recipe is featured in. I would suggest sneaking a look at it in a book shop. Sorry - Ange