Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Tonight I cooked up a huge batch of Mrs Fields secret recipe choc chip cookies to take in to the boys at work tomorrow for the few birthdays we’ve had lately. I don’t know what Mrs Fields taste like but these were sensational, I feel sick from eating so many, hopefully the boys enjoy them. The recipe came via Waffle who got them from Recipe Zaar. I used a mixture of dark & milk choc chips & might try some variations as suggested.
Top Secret Recipes Version of Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
It's very important that you not exceed the cooking time given below, even if the cookies appear to be underbaked. When the cookies are removed from the oven, the sugar in them will be hot and continue the cooking process. The finished product should be soft in the middle and crunchy around the edges.
225 g softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
340g semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350f
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
6. With your fingers, place golf-ball-size dough portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 9 minutes, or until edges are light brown.
8. For variations of this cookie, substitute milk chocolate for the semisweet chocolate and/or add 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts to the recipe before baking.
9. Although you can substitute margarine for butter in this recipe, you will have the best results from butter. The cookie will have a richer taste and will be crispier around the edges like the original.