Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter

 We've had a busy Easter over here, Family lunch Good Friday, lovely picnic in the amazing childrens garden at the Botanical gardens for Easter Sunday, a drive to the country to visit friends today & of  course lots of baking & cooking for it all.  Here are a couple of Easter treats I delivered this year.  Above white chocolate chip/chocolate cupcakes topped with butter frosting, Persian fairy floss & Easter eggs.  I loved the overall look thought found them overall to be too sweet.  If I made them again would change the base cupcakes & frosting to something a little more adult in flavour.  Having said that though I didnt hear any complaints & they all disappeared pretty quick!

Below are my hand made Easter eggs that I gave out to the family, Chloe loved making them with me & loved even more making the packaging.  We cut up egg cartons & painted them, then tied them up with ribbon to secure the eggs inside.  The eggs were chocolate crackle eggs, held together with melted dark chocolate & topped with melted white chocolate & freckles, inspired by fast Ed on Better Homes & Gardens, a great Easter treat to get the kids involved in.

1 comment:

Tv Food and Drink said...

Fantastic eggs!