Saturday, February 25, 2006

Mart 130 - Brekky


This morning I managed to have a delicious brekky at Mart 130 in Middle Park with Ed & Jamie, fellow Melbourne food bloggers. Luckily the rain held out for us as most of the seating is outside & there is not really much in the way of undercover seating. If you didn’t know it was there it would be easy to miss, I thought I knew what I was looking for & it still took me a while to find. Mart 130 is at 107a Canterbury Road in the old station house at the Middle Park light rail stop, so from the road you have to go under the line to the other side of the tracks. Most of the seating is out the back so if no one is dining out the front it bears no resemblance to a cafĂ©. Tricky!

As Jamie raved on about the corn fritters how could I order anything else, had to see for myself if they were a winner or not. As promised they were really good & came served with bacon, relish & sour cream, a very generous serving too as you can see by the photo. The whole menu looked pretty interesting so would be keen to go back & try out a few more dishes too. All in all well worth the effort & would definitely go back for more.

Was also nice to meet up with a couple of fellow bloggers, lots of blog talk as you can imagine & my head is now overflowing with of a lot of new info, will have to try & remember it all & try to put some of it to good use in fancying up Vicous Ange. That is, if I can figure it all out, my it skills could do with a lot of improvement!

No comments: