Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Chicken Baked in Limoncello Monday 6th Feb 06

Monday night I cooked up this fabulous chicken from the Delicious 2006 Diary. The recipe also came with Zucchini 'spaghetti' which I also made. The zucchini was nothing special & in my opinion was way too buttery & oily - yes you can have too much of a good thing, though maybe it was just my cooking, anyway I am omitting the recipe for the zucchini. The chicken however was really very nice, the limoncello plus lemon thyme plus lemon juice all gave it a wonderful lemony (derr) taste that beleive it or not was not overpowering. The chicken also had the skin on, I know very wicked & was baked so had a lovely crispy texture on top to add to the lot. I would serve this with mash & greens if making again. Here is the recipe. Note I didnt have the wing bone attached as hard enough to buy chicken with skin on let alone with a wing too at my local shopping complex! Photo omitted as really either need a new camera or some serious lessons, ie blurry photos...

Chicken baked in limoncello

4 x 180g chicken breasts with skin on, wing bone attached
8 garlic cloves
Pared rind & juice of 2 large lemons
6 sprigs lemon thyme
1 cup (250ml) limoncello
50g unsalted butter
2 tbs olive oil

Plce chicken in a non-metallic dish with garlic, rind & juice, thyme & limoncello, cover & chill for one hour.

Preheat oven to 180c. Heat butter & oil in a large heavy based frypan over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) & brown for 2-3 minutes each side. Place skin side up in a baking tray & roas for 10 minuts or until cooked through.

Return frypan to medium heat, ad reserved marinade (including garlic & herbs) & stir for 5 minutes to reduce. Remove chicken from oven & rest for 5 minutes. Place on a serving plate, pour over sauce.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Hey, I really like this idea. Have about 2 bottles of limoncello that we just don't drink ,and they're taking up valuable space in the freezer!