Saturday, June 27, 2009

Some Good News & Some Delicious Baking


Its between a while in between posts and this time I have a very good excuse. Joshua decided he was ready to join us on the outside 5 weeks early, taking me (and everyone else) by surprise at the Good Food & Wine show when my waters decided to break just as I walked out the show door on the Queens birthday, I hadn't even left the building yet, must have been too much eating, drinking & carrying around too many goodies. Since then it's been a hectic 3 weeks as life started out in the special care nursery. The little man got to come home last Sunday & we are one happy family again, all together at last. So welcome Joshua & looking forward to all of the love, laughter & tears you are sure to bring us!

Michael has been home this past week so as well as finally getting things ready for a new baby, I've actually had time to do some cooking too, did I mention that so far (touch wood), Josh is a good sleeper during the day at least. Today I made this Apricot & Raisin Bran Loaf from the Marie Claire breakfast book. What can I say, but yummo, healthy, quick & Chloe even liked it! Highly recomended....

Now will see how I cope with 2 little ones with Michael back at work next week, so far I'm thinking this second child business is easy peasy so I hope I'm not in for a rude shock when he finally wakes up & starts to let us know he's around.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Kiki said...

OH WOW!!! Fabulous news, welcome to Joshua --- he is just beautiful and not at all "early" looking. Congratulations to you and your family and I have a huge smile on your face to see that you're already baking. Well done!

Love to hear the story from the Good Food & Wine Show and your waters breaking, hmmm Gordon could've had a field day with you ;-)

GS said...

Welcome Joshua and though a tad early you had good sense to wait til after your mother got her money's worth from the GFWS before announcing your desire to enter the world.

Clever boy.

But even cleverer Ange :) Congrats. Life may never be the same again but it will certainly be interesting!

kitchen hand said...

Congratulations - beautiful baby.

Ange said...

Thanks for all the well wishes guys!

Beth said...

That's great news! Good luck with two, I am due in October...don't know how I will manage...

Ange said...

Dont worry Beth, 2 is much easier than the first one!

LBA said...

Congratulations - he is so beautiful, and like Kiki said, he doesn't look underdone at all ! :p

I just love that 'ooo' mouth they make - cluck cluck.

I will give you a call today to check if all is well for tomorrow

x