Friday, May 11, 2007

Kluski Soup - A childhood favourite


When my mum came over this week she made some Kluski soup, this is a Polish recipe that my Grandma used to make for us all of the time, I love it & it’s really very simple so I really should make it myself sometime too, I sometimes forget about the simple things in life in my quest to try out so many new foods & recipes. Kluski are basically Polish dumplings that are added to chicken noodle soup. We cheat & use a packet mix, of course if you make home made chicken stock it is so much the nicer for it.
So thanks Mum & Happy Mothers Day for yesterday!

Kluski Soup

2 packets of Continental Chicken Noodle Soup (Not the low salt one)
2-3 large carrots
3-4 potatoes
2 eggs
Flour

Make the soup to packet instructions & add some chopped carrots. When the carrots start to soften add the peeled & chopped potatoes. As this is cooking, make your kluski, in a mug beat the 2 eggs lightly, add enough flour & stir until you have a thick dough, it needs to not be runny but still be able to be stirred. When the potatoes are nearly done, drop teaspoons of the dough into the soup & cook for a couple more minutes until the dumplings are just cooked through. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Off to the supermarket for the makings, Ange. One the menu tonight!

Unknown said...

Dear Ange, didn't get to it yesterday but here I am sitting in front of the computer eating Kluski Soup and thoroughly enjoying it. Have taken some pictures and will link to your blog.

Blessings and bliss

Ange said...

Excellent, I am glad you're enjoying it as much as we always have!