Monday, November 19, 2007

Sensational Chocolate Chip Cookies


After a week in Noosa where the closest I came to cooking was throwing together a sandwich or two or mashing up fruit & yoghurt for Chloe to eat, I was itching to get back into the kitchen & cook, more precisely to bake. So the day after we arrived home I was into it, baking these irresistible, melt in the mouth, cant stop eating them choc chip cookies from Bill Granger’s Sydney Food. Some were for my parents who were popping in for a visit after week long Chloe withdrawals & some were supposed to be for my Mother’s Group picnic which I didn’t make it to thanks to someone wanting their nap right in the middle of it. So unfortunately now I have a whole stack of cookies that I will have to gobble up myself, with a little help from Michael of course.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

125g unsalted butter, softened
1 ¼ cups tightly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 ½ cups plain flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 ½ cups chocolate bits

Preheat oven to 180c. Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until light & creamy. Add vanilla & egg & stir to combine. Stir in the sifted flour, baking powder and salt until just combined. Fold through chocolate chips.

Place spoonfuls of cookie mixture on a greased & lined baking tray, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until they turn pale gold.

Allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool further. Makes about 25

5 comments:

Tamwyn said...

These cookies are easy to make and taste great! I made a few batches to go with coffee after a party we are holding much better then the store bought varieties!

Rosie said...

Hi Ange,
Nice to see you back :)Oh my, I couldn't resist eating those cookies too they do look great!!!

Rosie x

Kiki said...

Always tempting our tastebuds aren't you Ange?!!! Yep, these cookies are just terrific and I have been known to eat almost an entire batch, not in one sitting though. If you span it out it never seems as bad.

Hey...you must be near your settlement date now. Are you busy packing and that was a smart move having a Noosa holiday just prior to the move.

I'm just near Noosa...my Mother and partner are right near Eumundi too so I always have an excuse to have to call into the markets if I visit them.

Ange said...

Hi KikiMiss, yes the Noosa holiday was fabulous to unwind before the craziness of the xmas period plus moving at the same time. Were moving on 21st decmeber & have managed to start the packing but as you would know its not that easy to find the time with a very active crawling 9 month old baby

Baking Girl said...

They look great!