Saturday, August 18, 2007

White Chocolate Cheesecake


Here is a recipe for a fantastic no fuss, no cook cheesecake from my favourite desert man Bill Granger from Bills Food. I know I have been a bit slack in the posting lately but it seems that I can’t quite muster much enthusiasm for blogging lately, I have gone from one extreme to the other. I am still cooking up a storm & eating lots of fantastic food, I'm just keeping it all to myself for now, sorry…

White Chocolate Cheesecake

100g plain sweet biscuits
50g butter, melted
250ml (1 cup) cream
250g cream cheese
250g mascarpone cheese
125g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
500g white chocolate, melted
Passionfruit pulp

Process the biscuits in a food processor until they look like breadcrumbs. Add the melted butter, process briefly, then tip the mixture into a 20cm (8 inch) springform tin lined with a disc of baking paper. Press firmly into the base of the tin, then place in the fridge until needed.

Using electric beaters, whisk the cream, cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar & chocolate together until smooth. Pour onto the biscuit base & put back in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. Serve drizzled with passionfruit pulp & cut into wedges.

6 comments:

Serenity Later said...

Ange if this divine looking cheesecake is an indication of the type of stuff you've been cooking lately then i implore you to share the wealth with us readers! That looks positively delish! Yum!

Aren't passionfruit fantastic this time of year?

Kat said...

Wow, this looks tasty. Have found your book index - I have loads of those books too so nive to be able to try recipes you recommend.

I'm tagging you too - sorry it's in the commenst box but I have ni idea how to do it otherwise!

http://somethingyum.blogspot.com/2007/08/ive-been-tagged-fantastic-four.html

Kiki said...

Hey there, now that cheesecake looks so easy and even though I don't like cheesecake you have inspired me to try this one out for my partner's sake.

Do you know which Bill book this is featured in?

Hope you find that oomph to return to posting asap.

Hey - how are those solids and Chloe going? I'll be there in a few weeks' time no doubt.

Kiki said...

If I'd have stopped drooling over that picture I may have noticed you did state the recipe was from Bill's Food. Oops.

Ange said...

Hi Kikimiss, the cheesecake is from Bills food (the one with the blue cover). Solids going well, she isnt adverse to her baby rice or avocado even though she doesnt seem to really know what to do with them quite yet, they seem to go down by accident at this stage - its all great fun especially when she grabs the spoon to feed herself!

Paul said...

This looks lovely!
I'll get Mikey to make it!