Sunday, February 18, 2007

Scrambled Eggs - Bill Granger Style


While spending yet another tortuous day lying around dying to have this baby I decided to cook breakfast to try & keep myself busy. As I'm no good on my feet too long these days I wanted something simple so thought it was about time I sampled Bill Grangers Famous Scrambled Eggs. As I'm not going to be in Sydney any time soon luckily the recipe is in his 'Sydney Food' Book. This dish has been placed on a list of definitive Sydney flavours by the Sydney Morning Herald's Good Living section & has been raved about my seemingly millions. I can see why with 1/3 cup cream for every serve it is wicked & anything that bad generally tastes pretty damn good! Bill also suggest using free range eggs & a good non-stick frypan. Following his instructions to the letter I think I did a pretty bloody good job of reproducing what he must serve up in his cafe's. They were oh so light, creamy & fluffy & just melted in the mouth & if you do what he says there really is nothing to it & it's a lot cheaper than a flight to Sydney so try them, they are definitely the best I have made by far.
Srambled Eggs
per person
2 eggs
1/3 cup cream
a pinch of salt
10g butter
Place eggs, cream & salt in a bowl & whisk together.
Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over high heat, taking care not to burn the butter. Pour in the egg mixture & cook for 20 seconds, or until gently set around the edge. Stir the eggs with a wooden spoon, gently bringing the egg mixture on the outside of the pan to the centre. The idea is to fold the eggs rather than to scramble them. Leave to cook for 20 seconds longer & repeat the folding process. When the eggs are just set (they will continue to cook as they rest) turn onto a plate & serve with toast.
Note - If making more thn 2 serves, cook seperate batches so as not too crowd the pan

1 comment:

Kiki said...

Mmmm we always eat scrambled eggs a la Bill style..aren't they the best and being in Queensland much cheaper than the Bris-Sydney flight tee hee.

I'm just like you, "patiently" waiting to have my babe - it's number two for me. I hear you on the trying to keep off your feet...I have been spraying Peppermint Cooling Foot Spray from The Body Shop on my calves and feet, it's a marvellous thing.

All the best to you and yours, I hope your love of cooking continues after the birth of your child as I enjoy reading your foodie ventures.